OKX Law Enforcement Request Guide
Law Enforcement Request Guide
Last Updated: February 7, 2024
For Government and Law Enforcement Agencies only:
As per our Terms of Service, the services of OKX.com are being provided by the following entities:
OKCoin Europe LTD, a Malta limited liability company, which operates under the OKX brand, for users who are residents of one of our approved operating locations within the European Economic Area;
OKX Bahamas FinTech Company Limited, a Bahamas registered company for users who are residents of Mexico and who registered between November 16, 2022 and August 28, 2023, and institutional users who are registered on or after August 29, 2023,
OKX Hong Kong FinTech Company Limited, a Hong Kong registered company, for users who are residents of Hong Kong and who registered on or after May 15, 2023,
OKX Serviços Digitais Ltda., a Brazil registered company, for users who are residents of Brazil and who registered on or after June 15, 2023,
OKX SG Pte. Ltd., a Singapore limited liability company, for users who are residents of Singapore and who registered on or after October 13, 2023,
Aux Cayes FinTech Co. Ltd., a Seychelles registered company for all other users eligible to access and use OKX’s Services,
(such entities collectively referred to herein as “OKX”, “we” or “us”).
2. LAW ENFORCEMENT REQUESTS
If you are an authorized law enforcement officer, please address all law enforcement requests to “OKX” (as opposed to a specific OKX entity) and send such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. We make every effort to promptly respond to your emails. If, however, you do not receive our response, please check your email's junk/spam folder.
If applicable, please also reference the appropriate applicable Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty-related documents if cross-border law enforcement is involved.
3. REQUIRED INFORMATION
For us to consider your request, law enforcement officers should write to us:
- using an email address from an official government domain and attaching documentary evidence of your personal authority as a representative of your law enforcement agency to administer such request (e.g. photo of your agent badge);
- stating in the subject line the specific actions/items requested; and
attaching a signed court order and/or official letter from your law enforcement
agency that includes the following details:
- Full name of your law enforcement agency and its legal authority to make such request in conjunction with courts of competent jurisdiction, with documentary evidence attached;
- Your official contact information (email address and/or phone number);
A chronological overview of the alleged incident under investigation,
including material facts of the case, with reference made to the
following matters where possible:
- all relevant wallet address(es) and transaction hashes (“TXID”), starting from the first transaction the alleged victim is complaining about (please specify token type and amount for each transaction, and the relevant blockchain) (“First Transaction”), to how that transaction is traced to OKX;
- for complex cases, please state the total amount in question (in tokens and approximate value in USD), and include a breakdown for our better understanding;
- your investigation findings to date, including information on the alleged fraudster, and also the circumstances in which the alleged victim was convinced to make the First Transaction;
- relevant OKX user’s name, UUID, registered phone number and email address, identification number; and
- The actions/items requested.
All requests and attachments must be in English.
All relevant wallet addresses and transaction hashes should also be provided in a word document format or a copiable .pdf format.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY REQUEST
In the event your request requires a freeze of a customer's OKX account, we will not disclose to the affected customer that such action was taken pursuant to a request from your law enforcement agency. In certain circumstances, however, we may seek your approval to disclose to the customer that their account has been frozen pursuant to a directive from your agency. We will not make any such disclosures unless we get prior permission from you, although we may not be able to maintain the freeze on a voluntary basis for a prolonged period without such permission.
If such permission is granted, please also confirm whether we can share your official contact information with the affected customer so they can contact you directly to assist with your investigation.